Begin BidVertiser code

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Saif, Rani, Vidya in Sarkar's next

After Parineeta, ad filmmaker Pradeep Sarkar is set to float an untitled second project, under the Yash Raj banner. Sarkar rules out the possibility of adapting any noted novel this time. “It’s definitely not an adaptation,” he says. “We’re developing an idea that Adi (Aditya Chopra) had. It’s going to be purely fictional.” Creative teamHow did the film happen? “I had been in talks with Adi (Aditya Chopra) for some time. We were considering a few subjects relevant to today’s time. After much brainstorming, we zeroed in on this one. In fact, it was a learning process for us. Ideas keep getting sharper and better when you have a few creative geniuses pondering over them. It’s going to be a big budget film and we’re doing intense study and character sketches to keep loopholes away,” he says. Romance in the air
Vidya Balan
Rani MukerjiTalking about the plot, he reveals, “As far as the genre is concerned, it’s romance, yet again. It is an intense, complicated emotional love story that explores the limitations and psychology of a few characters. I can’t reveal the story as we’re still making a lot of changes and experimenting. The film is scheduled to roll in November or December and will be shot mainly in the city.”Saif is favouriteThe film will see Saif Ali Khan, Rani Mukerji and Vidya Balan coming together. Is Sarkar repeating Khan and Balan simply to get lucky again? “Saif is an established actor and I would love to have him in all my films. We’re one film old as a team and extremely comfortable when it comes to working together. I have been nurturing a secret desire to work with Rani, and I’m glad she agreed.”Mad about MadhuriSources say Sarkar had also approached Madhuri Dixit for the film. “She had appreciated Parineeta and congratulated me,” he explains. “I met her when she was here during her vacation. And who doesn’t want to work with Madhuri Dixit? I had approached her for a different film altogether. As far as that project is concerned, I have stalled it for now. But I am optimistic about roping Madhuri in for the project, whenever it happens.”

No comments: