Begin BidVertiser code

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Bipasha slams media role in Amar kahani

For the first time, to be very honest, I felt absolutely vulnerable. No flops, gossip, not even people writing critical things about me when I was fat had affected me. I have always held myself up and said, “Let them write whatever they want to. I will not let myself be affected by it.”
But for the first time, things went way out of control. There was not even one per cent of truth in the tapes that had my alleged conversation with Samajwadi Party leader Amar Singh. Yet it was talked about. There were articles printed. I felt violated. I have been fond of the media. Even when they wrote bad things about me, I took it with a pinch of salt and cooperated with them.
However, at this point of time I felt, “Why were they doing this to me? What have I done to deserve this?” I cried and howled. I had to seek my parents’ help. I thank God for such good parents who are so intelligent and understanding. They said, this is going to die, so forget about it. I feel the media went out of control. They can write whatever they want but they must first investigate the story, gather their facts and not jump the gun. What is the point of printing an apology after the damage has already been done? What do I do with an apology? Sit over it? Read it and forget about it? What about the harm that they have caused me emotionally and mentally?
I have taken legal recourse. But I wonder if I will ever get justice. There are so many important issues that can be talked about. At the end of the day, was it worth the hoopla? For me it was something very demeaning. What is surprising is that a person like me who has lived by her own rules and was never scared to say no to people, got involved with something so baseless and untrue. I have walked out of top production houses when I learnt about the fact that their dealings were not clean.
If you have noticed, I have always stayed away from politics and political gatherings. I have not campaigned for any political party. I am a citizen of this country and I have the right to make my own choice. But I am going to speak out to reveal the real picture. Political parties give a lot of mileage to actors to campaign for them. I can easily make a good amount of money by just standing at a political gathering. I have stayed away from all this and suddenly I find myself involved in something so dirty. This was absolutely uncalled for.

No comments: