Begin BidVertiser code

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Interview : ‘I am not ready for marriage’: Kim Sharma


She has everything that a man wants – look, talent and sex appeal. Kim Sharma has come a long way since her debut film ‘Mohabbatein’ in 2000. Today, she has many films under her belt and she has a few under production films including the much hyped ‘Tom Dick and Harry’. She is also in the news for her affair with cricketer Yuvraj Singh. Now, she tells about her films, her love life, marriage, cricket and much more.
Excerpts from the Interview:
How do you feel looking at your career since your debut with ‘Mohabbatein’ in 2000?
I never dreamed of becoming an actress. It was by accident that I entered films. So, whatever I got from Bollywood is a bonus for me. The journey has been smooth and I am satisfied.
What is the reason behind for the delay of your next release ‘Tom, Dick and Harry’?
The film was delayed because of the problem with the distributors. However, the delay has given us more time to promote it. Now that the issue is sorted out, it will be released on May 12.
Tell us about your role in the film.
I play a fisherwoman in this hilarious film. My character is full of fun with funny dialect. You know, I speak Marathi too. I am playing such a well-etched role for the first time. I enjoyed a lot playing the character.
Are you willing to do item numbers?
Yes, why not? I would love to do item numbers if the film and song are good, and at the same time do shows and thus earn lots of money. That doesn’t mean that film industry doesn’t pay well. The point is, I enjoy stage performance, as I love interacting with the audience. However, I don’t want to become a theatre actor. I love camera, and so I’m in films.
What are the films you are currently doing?
I have a handful of films at the moment. I am doing ‘Khafaa’ with Jimmy Sheirgill, ‘Kudiyon Ka Hai Zamana’ with Rekha, ‘Ladies Tailor’ with Rajpal Yadav and ‘The Whisperers’ with Rahul Bose and Manoj Bajpai. I also play a cameo role in Tanuja Chandra’s film.
Could you let us know about your marriage plans?
Well, every girl has the desire to get married and I am no exception. But I am not ready for it at the moment or for that matter in the near future. I will settle down when I am ready and let the world know about it. I will tell the name of my man when I am ready for marriage. No one knows the future. And so, I don’t know who, what, when and where of my marriage.
What do you do during leisure times?
I love to go out with my friends, watch movies, read books, play with my puppy Savannah and go for shopping. I also love painting and I think it heals.
Do you like cricket? And will you go to West Indies and watch the upcoming cricket match between India and West Indies?
Cricket is more than a game here and I do like it. You know, I prefer one-dayers to test cricket. As to your second question, well, I am not a big cricket fan. So, I won’t go that far to watch India play West Indies.

No comments: