Begin BidVertiser code

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

John's waiting for his new 'baby'!

Bips has no cause for worry for it's just John's new bike, a passion that persists despite the mishap. John Abraham is eager to get over his hospital episode and move on. "I've been in and out of hospitals since December. I think I've had enough hospital trips to last me a while," he jokes, before leaving for his world tour.
Born to ride
His accident has not deterred him from riding bikes. "If a person trips while walking, can he stop walking? Once a rider, always a rider!" he says.
"But what I am really looking forward to is my new baby," says John, fondly referring to a bike, which he will soon be getting. And is his family and girlfriend Bipasha Basu okay with his riding again?
"My family and Bipasha are concerned. And so are my producers, directors and my manager. But they understand that I'm a rider and they have been supportive. They are resigned to the fact that I was born to ride."
Splitsville?
While the actor was recuperating in the hospital, rumours claiming that Bipasha and he were on the verge of a split were doing the rounds. "On the night of the accident, I was heading to Bipasha's place for a fabulous dinner.
Unfortunately, I couldn't reach there. I hope that says it all. Such rumours are a part and parcel of our lives. We just take them with a pinch of salt. It sometimes provides fodder for our jokes," says the actor.
Romantic interludes
In a highly insecure industry, don't insecurities creep in between the two? "Our relationship leaves no room for insecurities. I think Bipasha is one of the best actors in Bollywood today. She is happy for me and I am extremely happy for her.
" So what keeps the love going? "We both respect each other tremendously and everything else stems from that mutual respect, trust and understanding. Contrary to her onscreen image, Bipasha is a very simple girl.
And I find that very special. No matter what people say or feel, we both have always been there for each other." So is marriage on the cards? "What's the hurry?" he asks.
Work and competition
But where his movies are concerned, what about reports about him refusing to work with Abhishek? "Rumours again! Abhishek is a close buddy.
In fact many times we are often offered the same project and we discuss it. Abhishek is by far the only truly secure actor in our industry. The Bachchans are like family to me."

No comments: